What Foods Can Balance the Chakras?
Now that you got the nuts and bolts of what chakras are and what they do for you (from the wonderful article Jackie wrote for us), let’s see what foods you can add to your diet, or eat more of that will balance your chakras. The chakras are strengthened or balanced by the very color each one is identified by, hence by eating foods that match the color of chakras it will help balance and reinvigorate them.
I’ll start from the Root chakra up.
Root Chakra, the RED Chakra.
Red foods will be balancing to this chakra. Here are some examples of red foods that you can add to your diet to strengthen or balance this chakra:
- tomato, red bell peppers, red onion, beets, red hot peppers, pomegranate, red apple, red pear, cherries, cranberries, strawberries, goji berries.
Sacral Chakra, the ORANGE Chakra.
Aim to eat more orange colored foods if this chakra needs extra support. Choose from:
- winter squashes (acorn, butternut squash, pumpkin), sweet potatoes, carrots, orange bell peppers, oranges, grapefruit, apricots, persimmon.
Solar Plexus Chakra, the YELLOW Chakra..
You’ll support this chakra by eating more yellow colored foods. Such as:
- lemon, yellow bell peppers, yellow carrots, yellow summer squash, banana, pineapple, star fruit, golden delicious apple, Asian pear and durian.
Heart Chakra, the GREEN Chakra.
This chakra is nourished and balanced by all green colored foods (uh, so many of them). This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the green colored foods:)
- all dark leafy greens (arugula, dandelion, kale, spinach, watercress, chards, etc.)
- all green herbs (parsley, cilantro, dill, basil, etc),
- Brussel sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, okra, cucumber, green peas, avocado, lime, kiwi, pears, granny smith apple, green grapes,
- micro algae like chlorella and spirulina.
Throat Chakra, the BLUE Chakra.
There are not so many foods that are naturally blue in color, but there are a few.
- blue carrots and blue corn (non GMO please), blue potatoes, blueberries, prunes and plums, blue cheese.
Third Eye Chakra, the INDIGO Chakra.
Some foods that are indigo in color and will support this chakra are:
- purple kohlrabi, purple asparagus, purple potatoes, black currants, elderberry, purple grapes and raisins.
Crown Chakra, the VIOLET Chakra.
This chakra is balanced by purple /violet colored foods. Aim to eat the following purple foods:
- purple cabbage, purple carrots, eggplant, blue and blackberries, figs, plums and prunes.
As you can see some of the foods overlap, as colors in nature are of many shades, depending on the variety of food, in its ripe or not so ripe state. The pigments that give the color to foods will vary greatly. My simple message to you is “eat them all”. As I said before, eat the “RAINBOW” of colorful vegetables and fruits, as it will provide your body with a wide variety of powerful anti-oxidants and phyto-nutrients that help you stay healthy.
Eating to balance your chakras is no different than eating “the rainbow” of colorful vegetables and fruits. We’re one body. Physically and spiritually speaking, we are the whole and what’s good for your chakras is good for your lungs, eyes, heart, brain, etc. It’s good for the WHOLE YOU.
This is just another way, a slightly different way of looking at our food and choosing vibrant colorful foods to nourish our body and spirit. Aim for whole foods, organic and locally grown whenever possible.
What’s your favorite food chakra? Share in the comments below.
If you are not a member of my FREE Private Facebook Community, click the image below to join today. Its a place for support, accountability, education, inspiration, practical food, fitness and mindset tips and tools; everything you need to start taking active steps to transform your health so you can transform your whole life and happiness. You may also want to check the FREE STARTUP Programs.
Leaving you with lots of love and a rainbow of whole foods,